RE-SOURCING is a project funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme. It aims to build a global stakeholder platform for responsible sourcing in mineral value chains with a focus on three industry sectors: Renewable Energy, Mobility and Electronics – all of which play a decisive role in the EU Green Deal and the clean energy transition. The project addresses the challenges that businesses, NGOs, and policymakers are facing in a rapidly evolving ecological, socio-economic and regulatory world.
As part of the 15th OECD Forum on Responsible Mineral Supply Chains, RE-SOURCING will host a webinar focused on industry good practice cases showcasing successful implementation of responsible sourcing standards. Participants will have the opportunity to learn more about our roadmaps for the renewable energy and mobility sectors, and to discuss industry good practice cases, related to:
- Responsible procurement of minerals by using a strong standard
- Supplier audits to support responsible procurement practices
- Developing an effective collection & treatment system for end-of-life PV modules and batteries
The online event, moderated by Masuma Farooki (MineHutte), will be divided into two parts:
1) RE-SOURCING presentations:
- Marie-Theres Kügerl (Montanuniversität Leoben): “Responsible Sourcing in the Renewable Energy Sector: Insights from the RE-SOURCING Project Sector Roadmap”
- Johannes Betz (Oeko Institut): “Responsible Sourcing in the Mobility Sector: Good Practice Cases”
2) Panel discussion:
How to Join
Here are the Zoom details to join the webinar. No registration required.
- Click the link to join the webinar: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88085773658
- Webinar ID: 880 8577 3658
- International numbers available: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kcpC02MCdG
Webinar agenda: Click here.