RE-SOURCING is a project funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme. It aims to build a global stakeholder platform for responsible sourcing in mineral value chains with a focus on three industry sectors: Renewable Energy, Mobility and Electronics – all of which play a decisive role in the EU Green Deal and the clean energy transition. The project addresses the challenges that businesses, NGOs, and policymakers are facing in a rapidly evolving ecological, socio-economic and regulatory world.
As the first of a three-events series to be held in Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia, this event provides a platform for Latin American stakeholders to exchange on most pressing regional issues and discuss the present and future of responsible sourcing in Latin America.
Regional experts from civil society, science, policy and business are invited for interactive sessions to discuss issues as:
- How is the responsible sourcing concept understood and implemented in Latin America?
- What are the challenges and solutions for implementing responsible sourcing practices in the region?
- What should be included in a global definition of responsible sourcing and what areas and targets should be prioritised?
- What is required for the creation of a global playing field?
This event is divided into two parts:
1) Plenary Session: Keynotes + Q&A
In the first part of the event, there will be:
- Presentations by the RE-SOURCING team on the European roadmap for the renewable energy sector
- Sprint keynotes from local experts providing perspectives from civil society, business and policy
2) World Café on Responsible Sourcing
This interactive session will see participants divided into smaller working groups in order to deep dive into specific regional issues related to responsible sourcing, encompassing environmental, social, governance and economic aspects.A more detailed agenda including speakers will be circulated shortly.
Registration mandatory: register by sending an email to [email protected]
Event page: Click here.