On Thursday 29th October, Eurometaux will hold a conference to debate how the European Union’s Circular Economy Package can successfully promote our management of valuable resources, including non-ferrous metals.
Radisson Blu Central Hotel
47 Rue du Fossé-aux-Loups, 1000 Brussels
12:30-13:30 – Registrations and Lunch
13:30-13:40– Welcoming by Eurometaux President
13:40-14:00 – Keynote speeches
- Antti Peltomäki, Deputy Director General of DG Growth, European Commission
- Ruben Verhoeven, Director, McKinsey & Company
- On McKinsey’s recent study with Ellen Macarthur Foundation: “Growth Within: A Circular Economy Vision for a Competitive Europe”
14:20-15:15 – Maximising valuable resources: a value-chain challenge?
- Sigrid Linher, Environment and Energy Manager, Orgalime
- Joan Marc Simon, Director, Zero Waste Europe
- Dr Michael Liesegang, Managing Director, Cablo (Aurubis Group)
- Magnus Gislev, Policy Officer – Raw Materials, European Commission DG Growth
15:15-15:45– Coffee Break
15:45-16:45– Boosting Europe’s recycling industries: how can we improve?
- Emmanuel Katrakis, Secretary General, European Recycling Industries Confederation
- Henry Saint Bris, Sr. Vice President Marketing & Institutional Relations, Suez Environnement
- Stéphane Arditi, Policy Manager, European Environmental Bureau
- Guy Ethier, Senior Vice President EHS, Umicore
16:45-16:55 – What role for finance in supporting the Circular Economy?
- Andrew Voysey, Director, Finance Sector Platforms, University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership
16:55-17:15 – Conclusions
- Karl Falkenberg, Senior Adviser – Sustainable Development, European Commission
17:15-17:30 – Closing Remarks by Eurometaux President
17.30 – Cocktail