The School of Underground Mining has for years been the largest meeting of mining engineers and the scientific community in Poland as it gathers 400-500 participants every year. The proceedings are conducted in 15-20 sessions, which distinctive theme issues usually focus on
how to improve the efficiency of mining in all of its areas. One of the significant and important sessions in the year 2016 will be a plenary session dedicated to the transformation of the mining industry and its impact on change of the regions in which mining is carried out. Topics of
selected presentations in this session are presented in the attachment. I simultaneously invite to submit papers regarding German experiences in this field. We are waiting also for submission of the articles or presentations to the other several thematic sessions listed in attachment.
“WE ARE CHANGING THE MINING INDUSTRY,
WE ARE CHANGING THE REGIONS”
Initial proposition of main topics
We anticipate presentation, among others, of the following papers corresponding with the issues of the plenary session, entitled: “We are changing the mining industry, we are changing the regions”.
- 1. Herbet Wirth (KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.)
Mining activities of KGHM Polska Miedź S.A. in the perspective of 2030 and its impact
on the region.
2. Andrzej Tor (Kompania Węglowa S.A.)
Strategic actions to improve the efficiency of Kompania Węglowa S.A.
3. Marek Ściążko (AGH)
Coal gasification on the surface – a chance to improve the economic condition of the
Polish mining industry
4. Józef Wolski (KOPEX S.A.)
Przeciszów Mine – a new look at the environment and infrastructure – a case study
5. Marek Szczepański (University of Silesia)
Silesia towards the future – the perspective of 2030
6. Strategic actions of Katowicki Holding Węglowy S.A. in the heart of Silesia
7. LW Bogdanka S.A.
The role and place of LW Bogdanka SA in the development strategy of Lublin area
8. LW Bogdanka S.A. – innovative actions to improve the effectiveness of the mine
9. KGHM Polska Miedź S.A. on the path to building the smart ore mine
The School of Underground Mining 2016
- 1. Plennary session: We change mining – we change regions
2. New techniques and technologies in underground mining
3. Economic and financial aspects of mining in Poland
4. Environment protection
5. Threats in the mining and methane, ventilation and air conditioning of mines
6. IT in mining
7. Monitoring, control and process visualization of the underground exploitation of deposits
8. Transport and haulage of excavated material
9. Geomatics in mines
10. Safety management in mines
11. Optimization in the electricity and energy management in mines
12. Executing and maintaining of excavations
13. The modern technique of blasting in mining
14. Science session of participants of World Mining Students Meeting Kraków 2016
15. International Mining Forum 2016
16. Good practices in the process of anchoring