The Commission services strongly encourage synergies through bringing together Horizon 2020 and European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) in the same project, or through successive projects that build on each other or parallel projects/roadmaps that complement each other. Key Enabling Technologies can be found in lots of sectors and applications and are also a priority for a lot of regions. So they have great potential in exploiting synergies.
The Directorate General for Research & Innovation is planning a Workshop on “KETs for regional growth: Synergies between Horizon 2020 and ESIF” on the 6th of May 2015.
The workshop aims to encourage active dialogue and exchange of ideas between the Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) -H2020 stakeholders and the national/regional authorities that apply for structural funds, and:
- Raise awareness on KETs (advanced materials, nanotechnology, micro- and nano-electronics, industrial biotechnology, photonics, and advanced manufacturing systems) as drivers for industrial competitiveness in regions.
- Stimulate interaction to enhance synergies, by engaging participants in discussions during the parallel sessions.
- Showcase examples of regions that have identified KETs as priorities and promote interregional cooperation.
- Explore how the new instruments help deal with current problems and limitations.
- Identify the main barriers for addressing synergies from part of H2020 stakeholders and national and regional authorities.
Morning session: JDE 52: from 9.00 – 13.00
Parallel sessions: JDE 52; JDE 70 and JDE 53 from 14.00 – 17.30
For more information and access the Webstreaming: