The 2022 EU – Latin America convention on Raw Materials will take place on 3 and 4 November in Santiago de Chile, in person. The convention is organised in the framework of the EU-Latin American Partnership on Raw Materials (mineralplatform.eu) and will bring together the mineral raw materials community including policy makers, industry, the private sector, and researchers in the EU and partner countries in Latin America (Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Mexico, Peru, Colombia and Brazil).
The overarching theme of the convention will be Mineral Raw Materials for the Clean Energy Transition, seeking to promote integration of strategic industrial value chains for both regions, exploring new business models and adding value to society, while maintaining high environmental and social standards.
Starting with a high-level political event on the first day, the convention will offer a programme of thematic sessions during the second day including the following:
- Analysis of critical raw materials for the energy transition
- Mobilising investment in sustainable critical minerals for clean energy transitions – global trends and policy actions
- Upstream battery raw materials projects: exploration & mining projects
- Downstream battery raw materials projects: refining, battery manufacturing, recycling
- Synergies between raw materials and green hydrogen production
- Opportunities in the EU industrial alliances and EU external cooperation action
- Sustainability, traceability & standards
- Earth observation for raw materials
Additionally, networking opportunities will be organised to facilitate contacts and exchange among participants. Simultaneous interpretation for participants in English, Spanish and Portuguese will be available both days.