On 14th July 2021, the European Commission released a new set of legislative tools as part of a proposal for fulfilling the aims of the EU Green Deal, hence delivering the 2030 climate change targets.
Aiming at making the EU energy and environmental policy framework stronger and more effective, the proposed package will apply to new and existing sectors:
- The ETS (Emission Trading System;
- Effort Sharing Regulation;
- Regulation on Land Use, Forestry and Agriculture;
- Renewable Energy Directive;
- Energy Efficiency Directive;
- revised Alternative Fuels Infrastructure Regulation;
- ReFuelEU Aviation Initiative;
- new Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism.